Will A Breast Augmentation With Fat Transfer Look More Natural?
In the quest for a more feminine or sexy figure, millions of women turn to cosmetic surgery each year. Without a doubt, breast augmentation is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures performed year after year. While breast implants are certainly capable of producing stunning results, some women prefer a more natural alternative that does not require the use of synthetic materials. For these patients, a fat transfer to the breast may be the perfect solution. Award-winning board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Hakimi takes great pride in helping women achieve or restore a look they can feel confident about with Beverly Hills, CA breast augmentation. Learn more about your options for breast augmentation here, including whether fat transfer or breast implants may be most appropriate for you.
What does breast augmentation do?
Breast augmentation is a highly transformative body contouring procedure that is designed primarily to increase the volume of the breasts, though it often results in an enhanced breast shape and position as well. In many cases, women choose to undergo breast augmentation to restore breast volume that was lost due to pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, breast augmentation can also be beneficial for patients who have experienced unwanted breast changes due to weight fluctuation or the aging process. Of course, women with naturally small breasts who are hoping for a curvier figure and larger breast size can also benefit from breast augmentation.
How does breast augmentation work?
There are several possible approaches for breast augmentation, each of which has its own unique set of characteristics. Dr. Hakimi is highly experienced in the various methods of breast augmentation and has exceptional knowledge about the complexities and nuances of how breast implants and/or transferred fat interacts with the native breast tissue, which is essential for ensuring a natural-looking, smooth, appealing shape. The specifics of your breast augmentation in Beverly Hills will depend on a number of factors, including what type of implant you select, whether or not you are having a concurrent breast lift, and others. Typically, breast augmentation is performed while the patient is under general anesthesia and takes about 2 – 3 hours to complete. Before undergoing surgery, however, you will have a number of decisions to make regarding your breast augmentation. These include:
- Type of breast implant (or fat transfer)
- Size of breast implant
- Breast implant profile
- Implant placement (underneath or above the muscle)
During your initial consultation, Dr. Hakimi will evaluate and discuss your specific concerns and goals and help you make the most appropriate decisions regarding your breast augmentation.
Which type of breast implant looks most natural?
Choosing between saline breast implants, silicone breast implants, and fat transfer to the breast is one of the first steps in a patient’s breast augmentation journey. While each method can help enhance a woman’s body, certain patients may be better suited to one particular technique over the others. For instance, silicone gel implants are only FDA approved for women over the age of 22, meaning younger patients must choose another option.
For many women, choosing the right type of breast augmentation comes down to which method will result in the most natural outcome:
- Saline implants: Saline breast implants are filled with a fluid saline solution and may be more likely to show rippling, particularly in thinner women or those with less natural breast tissue.
- Silicone gel implants: Many surgeons and patients agree that silicone gel breast implants look and feel more natural than saline implants.
- Fat transfer: Because fat transfer to the breast utilizes a patient’s own fat cells to increase breast volume – rather than a synthetic implant – the result looks and feels exceptionally natural in most cases. In addition, using the patient’s own fat greatly reduces the risk of an allergic or adverse reaction. An added benefit of this procedure is the slimmer contour that results in the area where fat was harvested, which is often the abdomen, flanks, or thighs. Finally, a fat transfer to the breast results in very minimal scarring, as the only incisions required are the tiny incisions associated with the liposuction fat harvesting.
Who is an ideal candidate for fat transfer to the breast?
While a fat transfer to the breast may be ideal for women seeking a natural-looking outcome and those who wish to avoid the use of artificial implants, it is important for patients considering a fat transfer to the breast to have realistic expectations about their results. Because there is a limit to how much fat can be harvested and transferred, patients looking for a dramatic size increase are likely to benefit more from breast implants. Furthermore, the results of a fat transfer to the breast may not last as long as breast augmentation with implants. Over time, and particularly with weight fluctuation, the transferred fat cells may shrink, swell, sag, or even die.
Good candidates for fat transfer to the breast in Beverly Hills should be:
- In good health
- At a healthy, stable weight
- Done having children
- Want a relatively subtle breast size increase
- Have realistic expectations for their results
- Prefer a more natural alternative to breast implants
Get the feminine, sexy, natural look of your dreams with fat transfer breast augmentation in Beverly Hills, CA
If you have been thinking about breast augmentation but would prefer not to get synthetic breast implants, you may be a fantastic candidate for a fat transfer to the breast. Call our knowledgeable team to schedule your private consultation with renowned board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Hakimi today, and learn more about the benefits of Beverly Hills fat transfer as a natural alternative to breast augmentation!