What Are Your Nonsurgical Options For An Eyelid Lift?
There’s no doubt that cosmetic surgery offers the best opportunity for dramatic and long-lasting results when it comes to reversing the signs and symptoms of facial aging. However, not everyone is ready, willing, or able to undergo invasive surgery. For patients who are interested in nonsurgical alternatives to plastic surgery, modern technology provides a fantastic array of options. Renowned board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Hakimi is proud to offer nonsurgical and minimally invasive treatments and procedures to help patients turn back the clock and restore a more youthful appearance without the expense and downtime associated with surgery. Learn about alternatives to one of the most popular cosmetic procedures, blepharoplasty, and find out whether you may be a good candidate for nonsurgical eyelid lift in Beverly Hills, CA.
What causes aging eyes?
As we age, our skin naturally loses its supply of collagen and elastin, and the body actually slows its production of new collagen. Combined with gravity, sun damage, genetics, and other factors, these processes cause the skin to become weaker and begin to sag. One of the first areas to show this symptom of aging is the face. The eyelids are particularly susceptible to early sagging and drooping, in part due to the thin and delicate nature of the skin around the eyes. Common age-related concerns that affect the area around the eyes and the eyelids themselves include:
- Droopy eyelids
- Hooded eyes
- Sagging eyelids
- Extra skin around the eyes and eyelids
- Downturned or tired eyes
- Puffy undereyes
- Bulging fat under the eyes
- Crow’s feet
- Heavy brow
How to rejuvenate eyes without surgery
Upper eyelid surgery and lower eyelid surgery, formally referred to as upper and lower blepharoplasty, are highly effective procedures for addressing and correcting signs of aging around the eyes with dramatic and long-lasting results. It is not uncommon for patients to wonder if there is a less invasive option for lifting and tightening their eyes. Nonsurgical blepharoplasty alternatives can be particularly beneficial for patients who:
- Have early and mild signs of aging around the eyes
- Wish to avoid the expense and downtime associated with surgery
- Are unable to tolerate general anesthesia
- Simply prefer less invasive treatment options
Some of the most exciting and effective options for lifting and enhancing the eyes without surgery include:
- Cosmetic injectables: Injectable dermal fillers and wrinkle relaxers are frequently used to refresh a patient’s entire face and, in particular, the area around the eyes. BOTOX®, which is an injectable neurotoxin, helps to smooth dynamic lines – including Crow’s feet and forehead lines – in order to create a softer, more lifted overall look. In addition, many patients use JUVÉDERM® to fill in lines, wrinkles, and sunken undereyes for a fresher and more youthful appearance.
- Laser treatments: Laser skin treatments can also help to reduce lines and wrinkles while enhancing the tone and texture of your skin for a tighter and more lifted appearance.
- Nonsurgical skin tightening: In some cases, radiofrequency skin tightening, microneedling, and other nonsurgical treatments can be used around the eyes and other areas of the face to tighten and smooth the skin’s surface, giving patients a stunning new look, including eyes that appear fresher, more awake, and more alert.
During your initial consultation for an eyelid lift in Beverly Hills, CA, Dr. Hakimi will thoroughly evaluate and discuss your concerns, explain your surgical and nonsurgical options in great detail, and determine the most appropriate course of action for helping you reach your ultimate aesthetic goals. Oftentimes, a combination of multiple treatments and procedures offers the best opportunity for beautiful, long-lasting results from nonsurgical blepharoplasty.
Consider nonsurgical eyelid enhancement in Beverly Hills, CA to get the sultry, striking eyes you’ve always wanted without the need for surgery
Whether you are hoping to turn back the clock and get more youthful, smooth eyes or simply want to enhance your current look by fine-tuning your facial features, an eyelid lift may be the solution you’ve been searching for. To learn more about the virtually endless possibilities of eyelid surgery as well as nonsurgical blepharoplasty in Beverly Hills, CA, call our friendly team to schedule your private in-office or virtual consultation with award-winning board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Hakimi today!